- Body of missing Vashon woman, Kirsten Proffit, found
- Care center seeks new leadership
- Chautauqua families receive letters required by No Child Left Behind law
- Express Cuisine goes up for sale
- Fall brings an uptick in island preschools
- Fire board approves change to island emergency medical system
- Homeshare program seeks homeowners with room to spare for renters
- Island woman still missing
- Motorcycle mania roars onto Vashon
- Saying goodbye to a beloved islander
- About Us
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Vashon Island publication changes hands
“The Loop,” a twice-monthly publication on Vashon, recently changed ownership.
Steve Allen, who has served as the publication’s editor since April 2010, is now its publisher, editor and only staff member. Troy Kindred and Marie Browne, owners of the Quartermaster Inn & Restaurant and the paper’s publishers since 2005, transferred the business to him on Jan. 1.
Allen said he does not expect to make major changes and will retain all of the contributing writers. He plans to devote more time to the publication than was possible for Kindred and Browne.
Allen is known to many Islanders as the former manager of Bishop’s (now the Red Bicycle Bistro) and the owner of Vashon News and Vashon Pages website. He also maintains the Vashon Calendar website.
Prior to serving as the editor of the paper, he had no newspaper experience but had been a broadcast engineer for radio stations earlier in his career.