- Body of missing Vashon woman, Kirsten Proffit, found
- Care center seeks new leadership
- Chautauqua families receive letters required by No Child Left Behind law
- Express Cuisine goes up for sale
- Fall brings an uptick in island preschools
- Fire board approves change to island emergency medical system
- Homeshare program seeks homeowners with room to spare for renters
- Island woman still missing
- Motorcycle mania roars onto Vashon
- Saying goodbye to a beloved islander
- About Us
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Vashon woman honored by business journal
Jennifer Olsen, president of Resourceful HR, was named one of Puget Sound Business Journal’s “40 under 40” — a prestigious award that identifies influential business leaders under age 40 who demonstrate dynamic leadership and excel in their industry and communities.
Olsen, a Vashon resident, founded the company in 2007. Resourceful HR provides temporary employees, recruitment, leadership development, consulting and other human resources-related needs to businesses. Olsen also hosts the Northwest HR Best Practices Roundtable and serves as board president of AHOPE for Children, a nonprofit focused on assistance for vulnerable children in Ethiopia.
The business journal’s award, now in its 14th year, selected the 40 young businesspeople from among more than 400 nominations.
Gordon Prouty, the business journal’s publisher, said this year’s class joins 520 past winners “who have been recognized for their outstanding achievements in both career and community. They represent a diverse group of industries and background and demonstrate the innovation, energy and commitment that has made our region great, and will continue to make our region great moving forward.”