- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Changes are needed to ensure smooth sailing
The ferry system for Vashon won’t change until some things are changed.
1. The Fauntleroy Environmental Association must be shown that improvement to the Fauntleroy dock will help alleviate traffic problems on Fauntleroy Way.
2. The second ferry slip that was funded in 1978 must be built.
3. A stoplight needs to be installed at the end of the dock on Fauntleroy Avenue.
4. Since the aging Klahowya needs to be run at a lower speed, relocate it to Tahlequah, and reassign the Chetzemoka. Since the Chetzemoka needs to be run at a faster speed, it should be assigned to the north-end route for schedule improvements.
5. Remove these bottlenecks, and we’ll have smooth sailing until the cross-sound bridge is built.
— Ed Babcock