- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Representatives are not honoring their oaths of office
I’m writing to strongly disagree with Sharon Nelson, who says that progress is blocked by a divided legislature. (“Progress blocked by a divided Legistature,” April 2.) Actually progress is blocked because not one of our elected representatives, Democrat or Republican, is honoring their oath of office. This is why we are no longer a free people:
1. At least the last three presidents, including the current one, are documented war criminals.
2. The current president has failed to prosecute known crimes of past officials as he continues to perpetrate his own.
3. The NSA, FBI, CIA and other agencies deny citizens their rights, lie to Congress and obstruct justice.
4. Our government facilitates corporate crime that impoverishes all of us.
5. Habeas corpus is suspended along with the right to privacy and other fundamental guaranteed rights.
6. Our government continues to torture and mistreat people.
7. American citizens can be arrested and imprisoned indefinitely without due process of law.
I could list many more crimes and obfuscations being perpetrated by our government, but I am limited to space. Everything I have written above, I and others have documented. If you don’t believe these facts, it is because you have been lied to by a corrupted media and government, and/or you don’t care. Most who promised to preserve, protect and defend the constitution are failing to do so, including other government officials, most lawyers and most military personnel. Their failure to do so, and our failure to hold them accountable, is why we no longer see progress.
I have written extensively about this and published links to others who have firsthand knowledge that what I say is true. The reason every elected official, lawyer and officer of the court was required to take their oath of office was to insure that this would never happen. But now it has.
— Mark A. Goldman