- Body of missing Vashon woman, Kirsten Proffit, found
- Care center seeks new leadership
- Chautauqua families receive letters required by No Child Left Behind law
- Express Cuisine goes up for sale
- Fall brings an uptick in island preschools
- Fire board approves change to island emergency medical system
- Homeshare program seeks homeowners with room to spare for renters
- Island woman still missing
- Motorcycle mania roars onto Vashon
- Saying goodbye to a beloved islander
- About Us
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Donations are still needed to fund top priorities for schools
We would like to thank all the donors who supported public education on the island with a donation to the Vashon Schools Foundation during the recent GiveBig event.
The Seattle Foundation’s 24-hour GiveBig challenge raised an amazing $12.8 million dollars spread over 1,500 non-profit organizations. About 30 different and diverse Vashon-Maury island non-profit organizations participated.
The Vashon Schools Foundation specifically targets our short spring pledge drive to include the GiveBig online giving event. However, we are still trying to reach our Priorities One fundraising goal of $316,000, which includes maintaining current teaching levels, buying new textbooks that are desperately needed and funding a preschool program expansion.
We are grateful to the community members who have supported the schools foundation this year and urge those who have not yet to consider a gift to the foundation.
— Laura Bienen and Zabette Macomber