The Vashon-Maury Island Chamber of Commerce and island merchants are hosting a variety of activities on Saturday, Dec. 1, including the Santa parade and town tree lighting. The information below is from the chamber website.
Holiday Open House! All Day, Saturday Dec. 1
Merchants will hold their traditional “Open House” all day during business hours and during the Santa Parade. Shop Vashon and visit Island shops for unique gifts. Bring in your coupon and enter to win wonderful prizes. Get your coupons in the Vashon Beachcomber.
Food Drive! 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM
- The Vashon Maury Island Community Food Bank will be hosting a Food Drive. Look for their truck and volunteers by the Town Tree Stage. Help spread the holiday cheer by bringing shelf-stable goods for the Food Bank to distribute to your neighbors.
- Donate to the Vashon Maury Island Community Food Bank by clicking here!
Pre-Parade Activities at Vashon Village. 4:00 PM to 5:30PM
- The Lodges on Vashon, CoreCentric, The Hive, Vashon Ebikes, and Vashon Brewing Company Pub will be hosting young and old with holiday crafts and more before the Santa Parade starts. Join them to kick off the celebration.
Pre-Parade Activities at the Town Tree: 5:00 PM to 8:00PM
- Island Queen, Snapdragon, Voice of Vashon, Camp Colvos, The Presbyterian Church, Windermere Vashon, and Recess Lab will be hosting holiday activities in their parking lots including a Mulled Wine Garden, Hot Cider and Chocolate, Roasted chestnuts, Holiday Music and Holiday Crafts for the kids.
- Waiting for Santa just got a whole lot better!
Santa Parade: 5:30 PM Start (Marshaling at 5:00 PM)
- The Santa parade starts at dark (which is around 5:30 pm). The parade is starts at the parking lot at The Lodges on Vashon and goes through town to the new Christmas Tree on the corner between of 177th and Vashon Highway at the Presbyterian Church.
- Click Here if you want to be a part of the parade.
Tree Lighting Ceremony: Starts Whenever Santa Arrives! (Figure 6ish)
- Once Santa arrives, he will lead the traditional Tree Lighting Ceremony at the stage at the base of the Tree at 177th and Vashon Highway
Meet Santa: After Tree Lighting Ceremony unitl 7:30pm.
- Get a chance to meet with Santa one on one! Santa and crew will be holding court in the Vashon Recess Lab parking lot after he lights the tree.
Holiday Cookie Contest!
- Think you have the best Christmas Cookie? Let Santa be the judge. Bring your cookies for Santa to sample.
- Judging will take place after the Tree Lighting Ceremony. Fabulous prizes will be available for the best cookies.
Vashon Island Visual Artists Holiday Studio Tour: December 1-2 & 9-10 10 AM – 4 PM
- Artists on Vashon Island open their doors to the public for the first two weekends of December. Visitors may view artwork in the form of paintings, printmaking, sculpture, ceramics, glass, jewelry, photography, garden art and even more.
- Pick up a map and visit Vashon’s Artist in their studios to see their latest work. A great way to shop for amazing gifts.
- Click Here for More Info.
Friday December 7th
Gingerbread House Tour Friday – Sunday
- The Gingerbread House Tour features creative houses at different island locations. Get a map and take a tour.
- Vote on your favorite house. The Ballot Box is located between Kronos and The Vashon Book Store. Your entry could win you fabulous prizes.
First Friday! 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Come back to Vashon town and take part in the First Friday Gallery Walk.
ROAD CLOSURES! Roads will be closed from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
For the safety of all, roads in the heart of downtown will be closed between from 178th Street (Vashon Theatre) to Bank Road
Detour Signs, Street Barricades, King County Sheriffs and Volunteers will be out to prevent traffic from entering the celebration. Thank you in advance for your patience and for making the Santa Parade and Tree Lighting Ceremony tradition safe.
Vashon Highway from OberPark to Bank Road will be stopped temporary from 5:30 to 5:45 to allow Santa Parade to pass.
to 8:00 pm.