King County is seeking nominations for the Earth Heroes at School program, which recognizes students, teachers, staff, school volunteers, programs and entire schools that are working to protect the environment and teach others to do the same.
Nominations for the 2018 Earth Heroes at School are due March 1, and winners will be honored at an event this spring. Earth Heroes can be nominated by colleagues, classmates and the public. Self-nominations are also encouraged.
Nomination forms are available online at kingcounty.gov/earth-heroes.
Nominations can be made in any of the following categories:
• Waste reduction, reuse or recycling;
• Food waste prevention or food waste collection for composting;
• Household hazardous waste prevention or management;
• Sustainable gardening, landscaping or building; and
• Climate change education or greenhouse gas emissions reduction.
By acknowledging their work, the county hopes to inspire others to adopt similar actions to protect the environment.
The program is offered through the King County Department of Natural Resources and Parks, and awards are given every other year.